If you have ever tried to cut into a baguette that has been in your pantry for a little too long and not found it to be the soft, luscious loaf it used to be, you are not alone. However, stale bread can be saved so easily and in a very delicious way by making it into croutons! This recipe is so easy and can not only help amp up your cooking but also reduce your food waste in the process.
- First, start off with any stale bread you have. That can be a ciabatta, baguette, sliced bread, anything that just is not amazing anymore.
- Then, cut the bread into cubes that are relative all the same size so they cook evenly.
- Put the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle over olive oil, salt, pepper, and whatever other seasonings you like. Some nice pairings are dried Italian herbs, paprika, or even cumin for a Latin-inspired salad.
- Then, put the bread into a 375 F oven for 5-10 minutes, until the bread has browned nicely.
- Allow them to cool, and then pair them with your favorite salads! You can also put them into soups to add crunch instead of dipping bread into it.