Castille soap is different than other types of soap because it is always oil or fat-based, which makes it a lot more natural and better for your skin as opposed to chemical bases.
Castille soap can be used in a multitude of ways, obviously as a body wash, but also incorporated into other products to make your household and your body cleaner and more natural! If you want to make your own detergent, this is the main ingredient and will make you feel better about washing your clothes!
- 1 cup of Castille soap, any brand or scent you like best
- 3/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- 1 1-gallon container
- Warm water to fill
- Long wooden spoon
- To make the detergent, first put the soap into the container.
- Follow that with the baking soda and the salt and mix.
- Top the mixture with warm water until it is just full and mix well with the handle of the spoon.
- Before you use it, shake it up so everything gets reincorporated.
- Use 1/4 a cup of this mixture at a time when you do your laundry if it is a normal size load, and adjust if you have a larger or smaller load.