As the temperatures start to get higher and higher, you might find that your shoes are beginning to smell a little unpleasant. Luckily, there is an easy way to get your shoes smelling as good as new with a natural solution!
Follow this guide for a DIY shoe-deodorizer and you’ll never have smelly feet again.
- Start by collecting all the ingredients you will need, which is baking soda, cornstarch, any or any essential oil, 1 pair of new socks, and 2 rubber bands.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the baking soda and 3/4 cup of the cornstarch. Blend those well together.
- Then, add in 20 drops of your favorite essential oils, and mix that into the blend. Make sure to break up any lumps of the ingredients you find.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each sock and then secure with a rubber band.
- Place each sock into each shoe and leave it in there overnight. After about 12 hours, you will notice that there is no longer any smell! The combination of the pH balancing effects of baking soda and the aroma from the essential oils is a dynamic team to stop bad smells.