Preparing your own homemade shaving cream is a great idea if you want to be creative and save some money. Moreover, you’ll know that the product will be made from 100% natural ingredients.
Even though it sounds a bit complicated, making a shaving cream is easier than you thought. You only need a few minutes of your time and three ingredients. Sounds great!
Merissa from Little House Living posted this recipe for an easy homemade shaving cream, which she claims is very simple and can be used for “dry” shaving. She also said that the cream does not lather and can be stored even for several weeks in a dry and cool area.
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Shea Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (you can use a different oil like sweet almond or jojoba)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Melt the shea butter and the coconut oil on a low heat on the stove top.
- Once it’s melted, pour into a container and add in the olive oil and stir. Set this mixture in the fridge and let it harden.
- Once it’s solid again, you can take it out of the fridge and put it into a bowl that you can whip it in.
- Whip it for about 3 minutes or you can do it until it’s light and creamy. Add in essential oils here if you wish.