If you love that distinctive sour taste of lemon in any kind of dessert, this Lemon Mousse combined with Amaretti cookies will be a real treat for you! This dessert is made for citrus lovers – the mousse has a rich and creamy texture, as opposed to crunchy Amaretti cookies and let us tell you, this combination is made in heaven.
This refreshing treat is perfect for bringing the joy of summer into your kitchen on these cold winter days, so make sure you try it.
- 4 gelatin sheets (approx. 6g)
- 100 g sugar (½ cup or 3.5 oz)
- 4 bio lemons (zest)
- 120 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (½ cup or 4.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp Limoncello liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste (optional)
- 120 g Amaretti cookies (4.2 oz) (or other)
- 280 g greek yogurt (1 cup or 10 oz) (Zelene Doline)
- 450 g whipping cream (1 pound) (Zelene Doline)
- Soak gelatin sheets in a small bowl filled with cold water. Prepare lemon syrup. Add sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, Limoncello, and vanilla paste to a saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, then cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Arrange Amaretti cookies at the bottom of each serving bowl, you will need four bowls. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the lemon syrup over the cookies and set aside. Add soaked and drained gelatin sheets to the rest of the lemon syrup in a saucepan. Stir, so that the gelatin dissolves completely. Add greek yogurt and stir well to incorporate. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Add cold whipping cream and sugar to a large bowl. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually (in three additions) gently fold the lemon – yogurt cream to the whipped cream. You will get a creamy, light citrusy mousse.
- Pour the mousse over the Amaretti cookies in serving bowls. Place in the fridge for 2-6 hours, or even better, overnight. The mousse has to firm and become super creamy. Decorate with lemon zest and serve.