These warm summer nights are perfect for relaxing with a nice cup of bubbly cocktail, which is why we tried to find more ideas for this refreshing drink. This time, our choice is Balsamic Peach Spritz.
Tieghan Gerard, who shares some amazing and delicious recipes on her Instagram page and blog, halfbakedharvest, treated us with another great idea for a tasty summer beverage called Balsamic Peach Spritz.
She says this is the new Aperol spritz – it’s sweet, bubbly, and refreshing – which is exactly what we were looking for.
- 1 (rounded) tablespoon peach jam/preserves
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce vodka (optional)
- 3-4 ounces prosecco, chilled
- basil extra virgin olive oil, for serving (optional)
- fresh basil leaves and sliced peaches, for serving
1. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, combine the peach jam, balsamic vinegar, and vodka – if using, and shake well to combine. Add ice and shake until chilled.
2. Strain into a cocktail glass and top off with prosecco. Garnish with a very small drip of olive oil, fresh basil, and peaches. Enjoy!