Fall is finally here and whether you like it or not, there’s one thing to look forward to – pumpkin! This magical fruit (yes, fruit) is a perfect ingredient for making delicious desserts, savory meals, but also coffee.
If you like coffee and pumpkins as much as us, you’ll enjoy this perfect pumpkin spice latte. Lisa Lillien shared this recipe on her blog Hungry Girl and it’s definitely worth trying.
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder with about 100 calories per serving (like the kind by Quest Nutrition or Tera’s Whey)
- 1 packet no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, or more for topping
- 2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optional: natural light whipped topping
- Place protein powder, sweetener, coffee granules, and pumpkin pie spice in a tall microwave-safe mug or glass. Add 3/4 cup water, and mix well. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until hot.
- Stir until protein powder and coffee granules have dissolved. Add canned pumpkin, and stir until uniform.
- Add almond milk, and mix well. Microwave for another 45 seconds, or until hot.