Pine cones are great for decorating and bringing that romantic rustic vibe into your home in winter. Not only that – you can use your favorite essential oils to make scented pine cones that will freshen up your home with a subtle smell.
This DIY project is very easy, fun, and inexpensive if you don’t mind foraging for a few pine cones in your back yard.
- Pine cones
- Cookie sheet
- Essential oil
- Gallon-sized plastic zip-top bag
- Find pinecones outside and give them a rinse if they’re dirty.
- Put the pinecones on a foil-lined baking sheet and put them in the 200° oven for 30 minutes to kill off any germs or bacteria. Let them cool.
- Put them in a ziplock bag and add essential oil drop by drop. How many drops you add depends on your preference.
- Let them sit in the bag at least for a day – the longer they sit, the more aroma they have!
- Put them in a bowl and decorate.
Another way to do this is to fill a spray bottle with water and add essential oil. Once you spray the cones, place them in the bag and leave them to sit.