Summer is not over yet and we want to use these last hot days the best way possible. This peach tea lemonade is a perfect summer drink that’ll keep you cool and refreshed while you’re having fun at the beach or by the pool.
Shelly Westerhausen from Vegetarian Ventures shared this amazing recipe on her blog and she described this drink as “a touch sweet, herbal, and flavorful”.
It’s easy to prepare so get ready to enjoy!
- 3 peaches pitted and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups water divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 4 roobis tea bags
- Fresh mint, lemon slices, and peach slices for serving
- Place peach pieces, 2 cups water, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the peaches have become very soft.
- Use the back of a fork or spoon to break up and smash the pieces of peaches to release some of their juices. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Add in the lemon juice and set aside.
- While the peach syrup is simmering, bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, cover, and let steep for as long as the package directions suggest.
- Combine the peach-lemon mixture with the tea, cover, and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, taste and add more water if you’d like it more diluted. Transfer to serving glasses, top with ice, and garnish with mint, lemon, and peach slices.