Cheesesteaks are such a yummy sandwich, and even if you’re vegetarian, you can still enjoy one! They are packed full of veggies with an awesome cheese sauce on top, so if you’re hungry for something comforting and satisfying, try this cheesesteak out.
- Start by cutting up some mushrooms and garlic, as well as slicing green bell pepper and white or yellow onions into strips. You can use whatever kind of mushrooms you like or have on hand.
- Put a pad of butter in a pan along with a little olive oil and wait for it to heat up.
- Add in the onions in the pan for a few minutes, add in the garlic and the peppers, and cook for another few minutes until the peppers have softened slightly.
- Take them out of the pan and add in some more butter and add in the mushrooms along with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the vegetables back into the pan and pour in some soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes and then take it out of the pan.
- Add more butter to the pan and let that melt. Add in the same amount of flour and make a roux.
- Whisk in milk to break it up and season with salt and pepper.
- Take it off the heat, stir in cheese, and then assemble the sandwich on toasted rolls!