Pimento cheese has been a southern classics since the early 20th century. Although it wasn’t invented in the south, most say it was perfect by Georgia farmers who started growing Spanish peppers, which is one of the key ingredients to the dip. Pimento cheese is such a creamy, savory dish that is perfect to spread on crackers, put on a sandwich, or even mix into macaroni and cheese! If you love pimento cheese and want to make it yourself at home, this is the recipe for you.
- Before you start doing anything, take out 4 oz or half a package of cream cheese and allow it to sit on the counter and soften for at least 20 minutes.
- Then, put it into a bowl and combine it with 1/2 cup of mayo, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Combine this by hand or with an electric mixer to make it easier for you until everything is mixed well.
- Then, add in 8 ounces each of grated sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack. Stir that well.
- Chop up 4 oz of pimento peppers and a couple of sprigs of dill if you want and add those to the mix.
- Give it one last stir and you’re ready to munch!