Placemats are the perfect way not only to protect your surfaces but to give your dining area a bit of pizzazz. The great thing about placemats is that you can really go with crazy colors or designs if your room is more neutral. However, if you don’t want to buy all new placemats, you can make them at home in a snap with just a hot glue gun and spray paint! Follow this DIY project and you can’t go wrong.
- For this DIY project, you’ll first need to get a hot glue gun, a lot of glue sticks, spray paint, and wax paper.
- Put the wax paper down and get one of your plates.
- Draw a circle that is slightly bigger than your plate and then get out the glue gun.
- Then, all you need to do is start going crazy with the glue gun, making sure all the ends touch and that you’ve created a circle in the end.
- You can go for straight lines, zig zags, a certain design, and whatever your heart desires.
- Allow the placemat to dry and then take it outside and spray paint it!
- Let that dry and then you’re ready to use it or give it as a gift.